Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

And the Winner Is...

I won! Me! Carl drew my name, and I get a copy of Colleen Gleason's The Rest Falls Away! Things have been so hectic around here that computer time has been almost non-existent, but yesterday, I checked my email and received Carl's note. Cool, huh? Wasn't expecting anything but checking in on email and got a surprise gift book! Looking forward to the first in this vampire series.

Still not much time available right now, but I'm trying to update my December Reading. I realized this morning that I put it on "draft" the other day when I updated...and left it there. Now I have more to add.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Like everyone else, I enjoyed reading all the entries in Carl's G.I.F.T Challenge and now this Christmas is added to those memories.

Oh, and speaking of Carl, a while back he recommended the BBC series Mulberry with Geraldine McEwan. I watched the first disc before Christmas and have to admit that I, too, fell in love with both the series and the star. If you want a pleasant "movie" experience, you really should try this one. Thursday should bring the second disc, and I can't wait. Another set of characters as eccentric and lovable as you could hope for.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenclair, how exciting! It's always so fun to win something, isn't it? I finished The Rest Falls Away and really enjoyed it. I'll be anxious to hear what you think.

    We finally joined Netflix after hearing so many people talk about it, so I'll put Mulberry on the que.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I told you that yours were the nicest entries in the Gift Challenge and I'm vindicated by the universe.

    And yes, I love Mulberry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marg!

    Cheya - :) I rarely win anything, so that makes it even more exciting. You should enjoy Netflix and Mulberry!

    Jill - Oh, another Mulberry fan! Why don't the series we love go on forever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I had some small part in the creation of another Mulberry fan. I almost bought the set for Mary for Christmas and most definitely will buy them sometime in the future. After you're done with them I highly recommend Netflixing the Marple series that she is in, they are fantastic.

    Technically my daughter drew your name, but I'm more than willing to take credit! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm grateful to your daughter then, Carl.

    I love the way McEwan's eyes sparkle!

    ReplyDelete