Search This Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

Home Again

I'm fairly close to the end of Voltaire Almighty and must say that even though the author frequently includes (what seem to me to be) non sequiturs, causing me to back track and try to figure out where that sentence came from...he has completely drawn me into Voltaire's life. And what a life!

My book has flags sticking out everywhere! Here, because of an interesting bit of information; here, to mark a quote; here to remember a surprising incident, or fact, or person, or method of doing things. Lots and lots of flags.

My copy of The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason arrived this weekend while I was in Baton Rouge (visiting my daughter and her family), so I had that nice surprise on returning home. Today has been rather too hectic and tomorrow will be the same, but I've gotten a few things accomplished and had time to read tonight - a good thing, as I didn't have a chance to read much this weekend.

I tried to get caught up on emails and blog stuff today, but have had limited time. Received 3 Netflix movies and don't know when I'll have a chance to watch them, but that's the beauty of Netflix, I don't have to worry about fines or deadlines. The library is another story, and I must make time for that tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the Voltaire book, sounds fascinating.

    We have been ripping through the Netflix films lately, mostly old classics.

    Look forward to your thoughts on The Rest Falls Away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy life. Glad you were able to visit your daughter and her family. Bet they loved having Gandma there. I know nothing about Voltaire except that he wrote Candide and that is my brother's favorite book. Adding it to my list. Enjoy The Rest Falls Away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl - Finished Voltaire's biography yesterday and began charging through The Rest Falls Away. Will review soon. :)

    Cheya - Too busy lately. Have had less time to read and less time to blog and less time to read blogs. The trip to see the "grands" was great, but getting back was like stepping into a whirlwind! Next week should be better (she says with fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to The Rest Falls Away review!

    ReplyDelete