Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Philip Pullman and Neil Gaiman

Since the Once Upon a Time challenge is now in play, some of you may be interested in this interview with Philip Pulman, or this (conversation between Pullman and and his former teacher), or this. As usual, following one link over at Endicott Redux is impossible...

Today, Midori Snyder at Endicott Redux has links to Neil Gaiman's trailer for Stardust if you haven't been following Neil Gaiman's blog. I watched it again...just wonderful. (Claire Danes, Robert de Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links! I decided Stardust is going to be my first read. I will have to go and watch the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danielle - I'll be looking for your review of Stardust. Based on the trailer, I expect it will be enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know they were making a movie of Stardust. I've not read the book yet. Must get to it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please read the book before the film. Even if the film is wonderful, it can't live up to the beauty of the book.

    I just did a Stardust-ish post today as well. Must be something magical in the air! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved all things Neil Gaiman since the days when I didn't know who he was, went to a children's lit conference, Neil Gaiman was introduced as the next speaker and this man who had been chatting to me in the back row got up and walked to the front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stefanie - I'm with you. Carl is warning us about this, too.

    Carl -- I must get over there to see! I will heed your advice about reading the book first.

    Dovegreyreader - You lucky thing you! You must have an aura that attracts authors. I read his blog regularly and have been so impressed with his natural manner.

    ReplyDelete