- Laddie is recovering nicely from the fall he took last week.
- I received the poetry chapbook by Frank Bidart - Thanks so much, Stefanie!
- I've gotten two more ARC books in the mail that I hope to get around to soon.
- Mailed Eragon to Melanie at Tea Reads and Candide to Susan at Pages Turned for recognizing the parody of Henry Reed's The Naming of Parts. I'm still impressed at how quickly you knew it!
- Amelia and Chris have returned from their cruise ( they had a wonderful time) and now I can get my copy of The Habit of Being back and give Amelia her copy, which arrived the day they left.
- I've mailed a copy of Anne of Windy Poplars to my Aunt Mary who will enjoy it and have ordered her a copy of James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small. She's 88 and frail in body, but never in mind.
- Nice weather has returned.
- The roses bushes are all in bloom.
- I got a little work done on a baby quilt that has been sitting way too long.
- Have finished two mysteries that I need to review and am reading Off Armageddon Reef by David Webber and enjoying it tremendously.
- Got a brand new vacuum cleaner, a Dyson, that will make a mundane chore semi-entertaining for a while. Love that clear cannister and the fact that there are no bags.
- Have my yearly checkup out of the way and, as always, am grateful that Dr. B. is such a nice person. Liking and trusting your doctor is a very good thing.
There have been some sad things in the past week, as well; my Aunt Janice died, and although not entirely unexpected, it is hard to see that generation slowly passing away.