Melanie at Tea Leaves and Tea Reads tagged me for this meme. I had been tagged for 7 things at Bayou Quilts, so I just added an additional item.
The rules -
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I was a gymnast when I was young, and my joints remind me everyday.
2. Licorice is a guilty secret. Love it, but only once in a great while will I indulge in those love black twists.
3. My last pair of toe shoes, battered and worn, are still in a box in my closet.
4. I made a 9 patch quilt for my granddaughter's first birthday. It was something I had always wanted to do, and I'm still proud of that quilt. Mila will be 4 this month, and both she and quilting have delighted me for these past 3 years.
5. Since July of last year, I've only been to Tai Chi a handful of times. I miss it and don't have the discipline to really practice without having class. If I'm going to class, I will practice, but without that incentive, I'm too lazy.
6. In connection to Tai Chi, I may be the only grandmother among you with a saber and a straight sword. Love my weapons!
7. My favorite city is Edinburgh, and I hope to attend the Fringe Festival there once more before I am too old and decrepit to enjoy it!
8. I am not a witty or funny person, but I'm a great appreciator of and audience for those who are. My daughters are both quick-witted and funny like their father, and I sometimes laugh until I'm in tears at their repartee'. I don't even attempt to tell jokes, much less ad lib!
So I'm tagging the following (but please do not feel obligated; as Melanie mentioned, it is just for fun):
Sam at BookChase
iliana at Bookgirl's Nightstand
maggie at Maggie Reads
Jill at My Individual Take on the Subject
Dorothy at Of Books and Bicycles
Susan at Pages Turned
Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
Chris at Stuff as Dreams Are Made On