Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Flannery

In my last post I mentioned Dr. Sura Rath, a favorite professor, although I've not seen or talked to him in years. I decided to google Dr. Rath and have now placed his Flannery O'Connor: New Perspectives on my wish list, and as soon as I finish the current stack, I'm placing an order for at least 5 books on my wish list (I'm not sure how long that list is right now, it is just so easy to click "add" that I rarely give it much thought).

Here are some quotes I've posted before, straight from Miss Flannery's mouth:

"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them."

"When I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it's because we are still able to recognize one." Pure Flannery!

Here is a link to an earlier post with quotes from The Habit of Being. And a link to Susan's post with Flannery's comments on her reading influences.

I'm trying to decide on some "new to me" authors for The Unread Authors Challenge at Sycorax Pine; the authors may be new or used, as long as they have not been used by me. That sure leaves a lot of possibilities. I have to get this list in order because when I place my next Amazon order, some must fit this category. Or I may cheat and add something I already have, but have not yet read...

AND have you visited Miss Information lately? She entertains me no end, and I usually let her posts build up a little before paying a visit.

AND I think this is such a great idea. Many of us have remarked uponthe way covers can influence our initial interest in books, and Kerry has posted pictures of covers she likes with a warning not to take the fact that she's posted it as a recomendation.

AND can you tell that there are things I need to do (pack, practice, finish my sewing project, clean house, write the review for Echoes of Honor), but really don't want to? Displacement activity...

No comments:

Post a Comment