Search This Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Trying Again

Fee brought home a laptop for me to use until my computer recovers. Will have to take mine in for a check up and, hopefully, will soon see improvement in performance. I'm kinda' liking this laptop, though.

I've finished a couple of books that need reviewing (still pondering Neuwirth's take on squatters and squatter cities)and am catching up some on Flannery O'Connor's letters, which continue to delight me. I love her courage and her sense of humor and will have to fish out a few more quotes to share.

I watched a squirrel calmly seated on a branch eating one of my sunflowers, and for the life of me, can't figure out why the squirrels have to eat both sunflowers AND tomatoes from my garden. Actually, he was just after the seeds on the sunflower, but had plucked the entire flower and used the petals as handles as he dined on the center.

4 comments:

  1. Your squirrels and my squirrels must be related. Mine have just dug up all my basil plants, clearly to go with the tomatoes reaped from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have access to a replacement computer.

    Squirrels are crafty little critters. I think they're attempting to take over the world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann- Uh oh. They have yet to bother my basil which isn't near the tomatoes. Maybe they are too busy enjoying the feasts they have already! They've never bothered the basil before, but the basil is much closer to the house.

    Jill - They are definitely crafty! Between the squirrels and the rabbits, my garden does well to survive at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have something workable while you are getting your PC fixed! I hope it is an easy and inexpensive fix.

    ReplyDelete