Tagged by Bybee for this meme:
1. Hardcover or paperback, and why? Hardback, although I love really nice paperbacks, too
2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it… The Book Garden.
3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is… "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderly again" There is no way I could possibly decide on a favorite quote from a book, but this line is one that has remained in my head since I read Rebecca when I was in high school.
4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be …. Flannery O'Connor. She was funny and down to earth, and in her letters to her friends, she says "bidness" and "liberry," tells hilarious anecdotes, and makes sly, dry observations. As long as I am "making believe," I would also be capable of making intelligent conversation as, in spite of being a "good old girl," Miss Flannery had a formidable intellectual side.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be…The Collected Works Of William Shakespeare. What other work of fiction could provide such variety and sustain reading and rereading for an unspecified period of time?
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…. ... replaced books on the shelves in an organized manner. I leave mine on every flat surface, including the floor.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…. Childhood books that came from my mother and my aunts and provided so many hours of entertainment and vicarious life.
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be….There are days that, like Bybee, I'd like to be Robinson Crusoe, self-sufficient and innovative; days I'd like to be Eloise, imaginative and spoiled and with free run of the Plaza; and days I'd like to be like Elizabeth Bennett, independent and self-assured. (Robinson Crusoe, Eloise, Pride and Prejudice)
9. The most overestimated book of all times is…. I'm not sure; there are so many books that I read that don't meet my expectations based on the hype.
10. I hate it when a book…. ...has characters that are all unlikable. I need to be able to identify with or to like at least one character in order to care about what happens to them.
I thought this meme was fun; anyone who would like to borrow it feel free!