Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dedication


McLaughlin, Emma, and Nicola Kraus. Dedication. Another ARC, this book is by the authors of The Nanny Diaries. Kate Hollis has a successful career but is still obsessing about Jake, the high school boyfriend who became a big rock star. Unfortunately, he used intimate details about his and Kate's relationship and other personal issues in many of his songs. She hasn't seen him or heard from him since he took off without any good byes thirteen years earlier. When Jake visits his mother's home (first time in thirteen years?), Kate's best friend calls to tell her that Jake is in town. Dropping everything, Kate gets a flight home. So flustered she doesn't even take any clothes. ? ?

Everyone tells Kate to get over it. I must add my voice to that chorus: GET OVER IT! I don't recommend this one.

Fiction. Chic Lit. 278 pages.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your honesty on this one. I think bad books should be identified as such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another one I don't need to read. Thanks for your honesty, Jenclair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received this one as an ARC quite awhile ago and couldn't bring myself to read it. I do know some people who enjoyed this one. It just didn't interest me. After reading your thoughts on the book, I'm glad I didn't try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - I stuck with it until the end which makes me wonder about myself.

    Booklogged - I know the book appealed to some people, just not me. :(

    L.F.-- This one has been sitting around since last summer, and I finally made myself read it. Should have left it to gather dust.

    ReplyDelete