Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square

Lippi, Rosina. The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square.

6 words: Chic Lit. Predictable. A beach read?

O.K. So I liked the title, the idea of a small Southern town with quirky characters, the idea of a shop named Cocoon that sells antique and luxury linens and where the owner and her employees wore pajamas to work, and the idea of a Scrivener's, "an odd little shop that specializes in collectible pens."

A light little time-waster that has you making many critical remarks in your head while you continue to read.

Fiction. Chic Lit. 2008. 351 pages.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like Pajama Girls wasn't your cup of tea. You can't please everybody, is my way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A light little time-waster that has you making many critical remarks in your head while you continue to read."

    LOL - I've read soooo many books that fit this description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the idea of employees wearing pajamas would be disturbing, myself, but I seldom lounge around in my PJs. I'm either up and dressed or not. LOL Think I'll call this a skipster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - :) I like my escape with more adventure, less romance.

    bookfool - Oh, I do have my casual Saturdays :) --
    especially in the winter, but as for going out in pj's...

    ReplyDelete