Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A New Earth

Tolle, Eckhart. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. For some reason this book didn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would; although I do like much of what Tolle has to say, it doesn't seem to me that the "new earth" is as close to coming to fruition as the author hopes.

The book contains many psychological/spiritual truths assimilated from world religions, and I enjoyed some of the parables and aphorisms that make me think. It doesn't really give anything new, but presents material in a new format, reminding the reader of the things that are really important and the flaws in our thinking, processing, and behavior that impede our spiritual growth.

I do believe many of us are looking for a more spiritual side to our busy lives, and Tolle examines the pitfalls we face in our struggles to find a more meaningful existence.

This video seems to incorporate most of what is important (in my mind) for developing a new earth:



Nonfiction. Spiritual/Inspirational. 2005. 309.

No comments:

Post a Comment