Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snow Blind

Tracy, P.J. Snow Blind.

Snow Blind is the 4th in the Monkeewrench series. When a snowman-building contest features two frozen bodies packed in snow, Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth find themselves in a new investigation. Then a third "snowman" turns up in Dundas County on Iris Rikker's first day on the job as sheriff.

Leo and Gino must work with the Dundas County team to find the murderer, but even in the midst of the case, there are some strange doings involving an abused wife and the Bitterroot Complex.

I liked the introduction of Iris Rikker and her deputy, and don't mind the computer geniuses at Monkeewrench taking a less active role in this novel. The concluding chapters raise some issues about justice that I personally take to heart as a result of an incident several years ago concerning the abusive husband of a friend's daughter. It was a real tragedy that broke many hearts. So...my moral sense and my sense of justice are called into consideration -- what I think and what I feel are in conflict. The characters in the novel face the same dilemma.

Fiction. Mystery. 2006. 320 pages.

3 comments:

  1. I love this series and shared it with my mystery group. They really liked it too. Wish book 5 would come out at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one definitely does make you pause and think, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - I am ready for book five as well! I've like each one and the plots have all been so different.

    LF - Oh, yes! Emotionally, I was completely behind Bitterroot, especially on the safety angle. Sometimes the legal system leaves much to be desired regarding the safety of women and children. And I had a great deal of sympathy on the other angle, too.

    ReplyDelete