Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

To Use, To Review, To Read

I'm using the hand made journal I received from Iliana to keep track of my yoga, meditation, and other goals. Just the right size! It took a while before I could bring myself to write in it, but now it feels like second nature.

Books to review:
Mesmerized by Gale Lynds
O' Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor (for Carl's RIP challenge)
Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan ( RIP challenge)
The Crystal Skull by Manda Scott (RIP challenge)
Live Bait by P.J. Tracy
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
The Mindful Woman by Sue Patton Thoelle

Need to bring my stats up to date but think I've read 106 books this year. Right now I'm not sewing, so I've been reading more. I usually do one or the other with abandon. This summer, I got lots of quilting and sewing done (and less reading), but have not made anything since the end of August.

Looking forward to:

The Wasted Vigil by Nadeem Aslam
Paul of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (another one for the RIP challenge)

Have been adding new titles to my list as I visit other blogs. Just in case...

13 comments:

  1. We're just about tied. I've finished my 103rd book, today. Is Paul of Dune the new "in-between-quel"? If so, I requested that one for my eldest to read and review. I can't wait to see what he has to say. It's fun involving the kids in the book windfall that comes of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I'm glad to hear you're using your journal. I can see why you had trouble starting, but I'm getting old enough to think it's best to use those things. If you don't, your kids will someday look at it and wonder why you never wrote in it. Trust me, I know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookfool - Yes, the same. I'm eager to hear what your son thinks as he is also a David Weber fan!

    It is such a pretty journal that I was reluctant to begin! I have always been hesitant to begin new journals, but this one was more difficult than usual because it truly is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get around to starting the Dune series. I have the first book on my TBR pile and have planned to read it several times, but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - you finally broke it in :)
    I'm that way too though. I still need to get just in the right mood to start a new journal. So glad you to hear you are using it for your yoga & meditation. Reminds me that I haven't practiced in a long time. Ever since we've moved my life has been a bit crazy but I'll get back to it one of these days.

    And, look at you with all those books! I'll be lucky if I get to 100 this year. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use my Iliana delight to record the books I want to discuss at my library group meeting and then note down any recommendations from other members. It took courage to write in it, but now I've done that it's been shown around to others who are really envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kailana - Me, too! I intended to read it when I knew I was going to receive this one, but got distracted.

    iliana - Even after I decided how to use my journal, I still hated making the first mark, but it is proving a beautiful way to keep focused!

    Ann - That is a great idea, Ann. I love the fact that you can show it off as well as get great use from it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenclair,

    It's a different son reading Paul of Dune -- the one who has a job and lives in Memphis, not the one who is a Weber fan. I'm eager to hear what he has to say about it, myself. It'll be his first "guest review" at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are using this journal. That is always the hardest thing for me when I make or receive a lovely journal - pushing myself to actually write in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bookfool - Oops! Well, looking forward to his guest review!

    Juliann - :) I've yet to meet anyone who begins a new journal with less than a feeling of trepidation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely journal! I have one of hers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle - Iliana's journals are beautiful, aren't they? I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The journal is gorgeous. I can see why you were a little intimidated to write in it at first!

    ReplyDelete