Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Fantasy

I've been reading several books at once (including Bujold's The Sharing Knife), but when I got my copy of the Queen of Attolia, the others had to step back in line because as soon as it arrived, it had my complete attention.

I finished it in short order, reviewed it, and scheduled the review for tomorrow as I'll be heading for the country later today. Even though I might take my lap top, the connection is so slow down there that I get impatient.

Here are the latest books for the Once Upon a Time Challenge--














  • The sequels to The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: The Queen of Attolia and The King of Attolia. I don't want this series to end, but unless Turner decides to write another one, I'm at the end of the line when I finish The King of Attolia.
  • The sequels to Mystic and Rider by Sharon Shinn (which I read and reviewed for last year's challenge). The Thirteenth House and Dark Moon Defender are the next two in the series and have been waiting on my Amazon Wish List for quite a while. I really liked the characters in Mystic and Rider and am ready to re-acquaint myself with them. It is also nice to know that if I enjoy these as much as the first one, there are two more books in the series-- and maybe even more to come.
I have several other fantasy series that I've begun and am waiting for future installments, and Kailana also sent me a list of some her favorite fantasy titles that I've added to my list.

Fantasy has some of the characteristics of crack...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good so I can't wait for the review :)
    Have fun in the country

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get that crack comment! lol I need to read more Sharon Shinn and I really need to read The Thief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy has some of the characteristics of crack...

    Never a truer word was spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true!

    I've been wanting to read some Sharon Shinn even since you mentioned her last year. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blodeuedd - It was a cold and rainy Easter weekend, but we had fun anyway!

    Kailana - Well, if anyone would get that comment, it would be you! I really liked Mystic & Rider - Shinn is good at creating characters you care about.

    Kerry - :) Which is why there are so many wonderful series to keep us enthralled!

    Nymeth - Sharon Shinn can spin a good tale, and I loved the adventures in Mystic & Rider.

    ReplyDelete