Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Teasers

I've finished The Wisdom Paradox and American Rust, and right now am concentrating on The Visibles.  The latter two books have some elements in common that I find interesting.

I highlighted so many passages in The Wisdom Paradox that it will take some time to sort out what I want to include in the review.  American Rust still has me pondering for different reasons, so I'm delaying reviewing both of them.

I'm almost finished with The Visibles, but have about three other books in slow progress.  And several books on deck...

So many books that I want to read, and right now not enough time to just sink into the luxury of hours at a time.  I'm snatching short little segments of reading time.  This does have the benefit of allowing a little time to chew and digest (yes, Francis Bacon, these are not like the mysteries I swallow whole).

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Sir Francis Bacon English author, courtier, & philosopher (1561 - 1626)

No comments:

Post a Comment