Iliana passed on this award, and I am to list 7 things about myself.
- My mother wanted me to be a librarian because of my love of books. I decided to be an English teacher instead. It was great fun mixing a little Tolkein with Flaubert.
- When I was young I loved dance and gymnastics. MUCH later, I fell in love with Tai Chi and Yoga.
- Three cats (The Triad) came into our lives as kittens after their mother was run over. They are entertaining and comforting, and it is difficult to remember life without them. They are also a great deal of trouble and can leap flat-footed to the top of the refrigerator and on to the top of the cabinets. I've had to take all decorative items down as a result.
- I love process in creative endeavors more than the final product. Art quilts and embroidery are two favorite activities. I find it hard to watch television without some kind of handwork.
- Dolls and little figures are my latest creative outlet.
- Although I love people, I'm most comfortable alone--reading, quilting, making dolls.
- Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because I love the decorations.
|click to enlarge--little witch at tea|
|click to enlarge - cat with mouse wand candy box|
|click to enlarge- Fred A-Stare with a cat poppet and a mouse on his top hat|