Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Return of Dr. Fu-Manchu by Sax Rohmer (R.I.P. Challenge #7)

The Return of Dr. Fu-Manchu... Dr. Petrie and Nayland Smith may have thought the problem of the devil doctor was solved, but alas, not so.  Actually, considering the popularity of Rohmer's stories during the first part of the 20th century, perhaps "alas" is the wrong word.  The first novel was published in 1913, and films and radio shows took the novels to an even larger audience.

From one adventure and near disaster to the next, Sax Rohmer keeps the action going  throughout the second of the novels featuring Dr. Petrie and Nayland Smith in their battle to defeat Dr. Fu-Manchu and the yellow peril.  I reviewed The Insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu not long ago and pretty much stick by what I said in this post.  I have enjoyed Sax Rohmer and his novels certainly fit in the R.I.P. Challenge category.


I wasn't able to find a review of The Return of Dr. Fu-Manchu, but here is a link to a review of The Insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu at  The Caffeinated Symposium,  

Fiction.  Mystery/Suspense/Gothic.  Originally Published in 1916. I read a Kindle version.

No comments:

Post a Comment