Search This Blog

Friday, April 01, 2011

National Poetry Month

I'm still reading The Gift by Hafiz, but I went on line to find a poem that I could copy and paste.  I do like Daniel Landinsky's translations.

The Woman I Love by Hafiz translated by Daniel Ladinsky
     Because the Woman I love lives
                  Inside of you,

   I lean as close to your body with my words
                  As I can--

   And I think of you all the time, dear pilgrim.

     Because the One I love goes with you
            Wherever you go,
         Hafiz will always be near.

       If you sat before me, wayfarer,
     With your aura bright from your many
                  Charms,

My lips could resist rushing to you and needing
       To befriend your blushed cheek,

       But my eyes can no longer hide
         The wondrous fact of who 
            You Really are.

       The Beautiful One whom I adore
  Has pitched His royal tent inside of you,

       So I will always lean my heart 
         As close to your soul
                  As I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment