Once Upon a Time Round Up :
- The Summoner: Book I in the Chronicles of the Necromancer
- Heartless by Gail Carriger (The Parasol Protectorate)
- The Apothecary by Maile Meloy
- Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper
- River Secrets by Shannon Hale (The Books of Bayern)
- The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb (Vol. 1 of The Rain Wild Chronicles)
- Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb (Vol. 2)
- City of Dragons by Robin Hobb (Vol. 3)
I may read another one, but then again, I may not as I'm back to enjoying my mysteries.
I have three more reviews scheduled--WooHoo! I have only two more to do, and I'm caught up with reviews!
Stitching lately has been white on white blocks of various sizes that will be sewn together eventually for a small quilt. Moving from sorting through various vintage linen pieces and choosing various white fabrics...
|vintage handkerchiefs, doilies, napkins, tatting...|
to hand stitching together blocks like the one below, adding prairie points to some seams.
Then embellishing the seams with embroidery and adding thrifted or vintage lace, creating button hole lace, and adding other embroidery.
And moving on to other embellishment techniques like ruching draped with French knots and bullion knots.
And puffy tufts--and more embroidery, of course.
I'm having fun with this! There are five blocks in progress, and I move from one to another. There is no telling how long it will take to fill almost every square inch of space on the five blocks.
Reading and stitching--two of my favorite activities. And some gardening, although it is really getting to hot and humid for much of that.