Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen

Her Royal Spyness is a pun and a spoof, and this cozy mystery is quite an amusing romp involving distant relations to the throne--who have little money but certain obligations.

Book Description:  From the Agatha Award-winning author of the Molly Murphy and Constable Evan Evans mysteries!

Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, 34th in line for the throne, is flat broke. She?s bolted Scotland, her greedy brother, and her fish-faced betrothed for London. The place where she?ll experience freedom, learn life lessons aplenty, do a bit of spying for HRH?oh, and find a dead Frenchman in her tub. Now her new job is to clear her long family name.






Silly and fun, if you are looking for a light-hearted mystery with a likable protagonist, this series has it on offer.  I've read one book of the Molly Murphy series and one of the Constable Evans series.  While I generally like a more complex and darker mystery, every once in a while a good cozy makes an enjoyable read.

NetGalley/Penguin Group

Historical Mystery/Cozy.  2008.  Print version:  336 pages.
  • ISBN-10: 0425222527


1 comment:

  1. I've read one of the Molly Murphy books and I didn't like it much but I've heard going good things about the series - I'm wondering if I should give it another go. I do like the setting!

    ReplyDelete