Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff

Summon the Keeper

Cosmic accidents require procedures to keep the world safe. Thus the role of the Keeper, a protector who keeps evil at bay.

Claire Hansen is the Keeper, who along with her familiar, a cat named Austin, is summoned to a B & B where an opening to hell exists in the basement.  Claire is not a happy camper and is afraid that this particular assignment may require her presence... forever.  Not what she had in mind for the rest of her life. 

This is a light and funny book filled with an odd assortment of characters and plenty of contemporary allusions (although dated now, as the book was published in 1998).  

Two love interests:  a handsome young caretaker and a sexy Quebecois ghost, who is definitely missing female companionship.  Add "Sleeping Beauty" in Room 6, a vampire, some werewolves, and other unusual characters to the mix and the result is often hilarious mayhem.

R.I.P.  Challenge

Read in Sept.
Purchased paperback.

Supernatural/Fantasy.  1998.  336 pages.






3 comments:

  1. I have such fond memories of this series! I considered giving away my Tanya Huff books, but decided against it in the end. I just couldn't. I may want to read them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya Huff... I think I may have one or two books on my shelf, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, this sounds like a fun read with all those supernatural characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy - I'm not sure why I chose to order the paper back. Maybe I saw something on your blog. It was fun!

    Melody - I've not read anything else by Tanya Huff, but may look into her Vampire series, too. :)

    ReplyDelete