Search This Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Reviewed in June and Nearing Publication

The following books were all from NetGalley 

Revenge in a Cold River by Anne Perry is now published.  This series featuring William Monk and Hester Latterly is my favorite of Perry's several series!  My review.










The Authentic William James - I want to read more in this series.
  My review.








The Facefaker's Game will be released Sept. 30.  My review.



I really liked all three of these books!



-----------Just for fun   
Since I always enjoyed reading Green Eggs and Ham to my children, I found the following interesting:

Dr. Seuss wrote “Green Eggs and Ham” on a bet that he couldn’t write a book with fifty or fewer distinct words.
The bet was made in 1960 with Bennett Cerf, the co-founder of Random House, and was for $50 (about $382 today).  Despite Dr. Seuss, a.k.a. Theodore Geisel, winning the bet by producing one of his most popular works Green Eggs and Ham using exactly 50 unique words, Cerf never paid up.   Green Eggs and Ham went on to be Geisel’s best selling work, so he made out on it anyways. (source)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome bit of Dr. Seuss trivia. That's one book I bet everyone has had memorized at some point in their life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! One of those children's books that lingers for life. And a great book for children who are learning to rhythm and rhyme!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard that about Green Eggs and Ham. Great little tidbit to know. My mom used to always make green eggs and ham for her class when she was teaching on Dr. Seuss's birthday each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been holding on to that link for a while. :) Love that your mom made green eggs and ham for her class on Dr. Seuss's birthday!

      Delete
  3. Interesting facts about Dr Seuss and his book! Thanks for sharing this, Jenclair! Always good to know more behind an author's great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading all of the Dr. Seuss books with my kids! It would a rare child who was not familiar with at least one of the books. :)

      Delete
  4. I missed your review of The Authentic William James - that sounds all kinds of interesting! Very neat about the Dr. Seuss tidbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, and I would like to read more in this series!

      Delete