Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2016

Two Days Gone by Randall Silvis

Two Days Gone started out beautifully, and I was full of praise--in the way you just comment to yourself about the writing with excitement and pleasure, but...

I'm going to link to Deb Marten's review, which says almost everything I intended.  The only difference is that she does not mention the ending, then the ending, then the ending.  She was probably exhausted.

So much potential here!   I've rarely been so disappointed by a book that had such promise at the beginning.  

Read in Oct.; blog review scheduled for Dec. 19.

NetGalley/Sourcebooks

Crime/Suspense.  Jan. 1, 2016.  Print length:  400 pages.

7 comments:

  1. Such a huge disappointment. After reading Deb Marten's review I don't think I'd want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate disappointing reads like that. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Quick! Read something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great solution! Always read something else. :) Of course, I read it in Oct. and did read something right away--best prescription!

      Delete
  3. That is quite a jump. I don't think I would like that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The writing was so good, I wish I'd ended up liking it better.

      Delete
  4. I just got this book on NetGalley so I'll make sure to keep my expectations in check. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete