Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2018

Interesting Articles

On banned books.  I've read 6/10.  I tried Ulysses, but gave up, and nothing has made me want to try again. 

On conversation.  I watched the following Ted Talk a year or so ago, but someone referenced it recently, and I watched again.  Everyone is doing more "talking at" than "talking with" these days.  I'm often guilty.



 On Craig Johnson.  As a long time fan of the Longmire series, I'm looking forward to Depth of Winter

On Crime Reads.  Several of these have caught my interest!

6 comments:

  1. I've read 2 of the 10 banned books - one of those was the Harry Potter. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books on this list that have read: Ulysses, Giovanni's Room, Lolita, and American Psycho. Of course, I've read Harry Potter!

      Delete
  2. I do not think I want to even try Ulysses. Nothing about it appeals to me. I have three of the 10 in the article. I did start American Psycho at one point, but that was a DNF for me. I would like to try Slaughterhouse-Five some day. The mention of Craig Johnson reminds me how behind on the series I am. Some of the books mentioned in that last article are ones I have on my wish list or TBR pile. It's a great list and has given me more ideas of books I now need to read. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Slaughterhouse-Five, and it made me look at the fire-bombing of Dresden. Another case of fiction making me want to learn more about historical events. The four books on the banned book list that I haven't read are books that I will probably never read, but the six that I've read, I have liked.

      The books listed under Crime Reads definitely have my attention. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun links! I've only read four of the banned books mentioned. Those reasons... Sometimes I wonder if people calling for the banning of the books have even read the books! Saving the Crimes Reads link so I can see if my library carries some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they don't read the books, but object to the content. Which is fine, but I don't want them deciding what I choose to read.

      Delete