Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The Hatch and Brood of Time by Ellen Larson

Originally published in 1999, The Hatch and Brood of Time is the first in Larson's series featuring Natalie Joday.  It is being republished this February which is why it was a NetGalley offering.

I was once again attracted to a title from Shakespeare, but not so much by the drippy blood cover.  I like the original cover better.

Despite the new cover, I did enjoy this mystery.  Natalie Joday is an interesting protagonist, and the plot kept me involved.

Lots of suspects and some complicated relationships.  I look forward to catching up with this series.

Read in January.


NetGalley/Poisoned Pen Press

Mystery.  Feb. 2014.  Print version:  250 pages

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the blood is kind of cheesy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about Shakespeare, but I see his name mentioned and I lose interest. LOL I really need to get past that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why the cover didn't appeal to you much. Hadn't heard of this series before though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - Especially since the novel didn't really have any bloody scenes. A murder, yes, but no bloody details. :)

    Iliana - I liked the characters and the mystery, but this cover doesn't really evoke the essence of the story. It looks like the cover for a serial killer novel, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete