Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

I've been reading Top Ten Tuesday posts and have decided to play.


  1. An Exaggerated Murder by Josh Cook.  Saw this one on Iliana's list and loved the description.
  2. White Cat (Curse  Workers series) by Holly Black
  3. Jackaby by William Ritter
  4. Atlanta Burns by Chuck Wendig
  5. The Impersonator by Mary Miley
  6. A Thousand Shards of Glass: There Is Another America by Michael Katakis
  7. A Spy by Nature by Charles Cummings.  Saw this one this morning on Shelf Love.
  8. Quilt as You Go Made Modern by Jera Branvig
  9. The Shadow Throne by Django Wexler
  10. The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu (via Lynn's Book Blog)









I continue working on fidget quilts and am doing a lot of experimenting with technique and concepts.  Thought I might give "quilt as you go" a try.
------------
What I'm reading now...

Actually, I have several books started, but when I began reading Stray (which was free, by the way), I became so involved that all others went pretty much by the wayside.  As soon as I finished, I ordered Lab Rat One, the second in the series, and on finishing that one this morning, ordered Caszandra.  

O.K. -- so the covers are a little lacking in originality.  The books are not.  Lacking, that is.  And although the covers look the same at a glance, there are differences. Will review soon, but I already know that I will be reading more by Andrea K. Host.




Stray was recommended by Intisar Khanani.
I've read Thorn and Sunbolt by Intisar,
and loved them both.
They would be perfect for Once Upon a Time reading.



18 comments:

  1. That Stray series sounds intriguing! I'm looking forward to your reviews on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got SO involved with this series! And the first one is free on Amazon!

      Delete
  2. After your comment on my blog, and now this recommendation, I'm going to have to add Stray to Mount TBR as well :)

    I've heard lots of good things about Django Wexler but haven't read him yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I certainly enjoyed both The Thousand Names and Stray and hope to read more by Wexler and by Host.

      Delete
  3. The Top Ten thing is fun, isn't it? I like it. Glad you've found a new set of books to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading blogs guarantees that I will never be without a list of books I want to read!

      Delete
  4. What a great list, Jenclair! An Exaggerated Murder does sound good, doesn't it? I want to read that one.

    The books you are currently reading sound good--it says a lot when you read the first book in a series and keep going. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of Sherlock Holmes and Ignatius J. Riley having a love child who becomes a detective....that description is irresistible! An Exaggerated Murder is definitely a priority.

      Stray is the first in the Touchstone series, and I've totally enjoyed the series so far!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I loved Jackaby and The Impersonator. They are definitely books to be read sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably read about them on your blog! I've had the names on my library list for a while now. Jackaby was checked out on my last visit, and they didn't have The Impersonator, so it is on my "order soon" list. (But not until I clear out about 10 books that are already on my Kindle que or in the stacks by my reading chair.)

      Delete
  6. Great list! I know what you mean about that description of the book. It's like, how can I pass that up right? Now I've got to check out some of the books on your TBR list. I haven't heard of most of those titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cracked up when I read that description on your blog! An Exaggerated Murder is available as a download from our library!

      Delete
  7. I've enjoyed the Charles Cummingses I've read so far - that one goes on to my list too now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding a new author, especially one who has a series already in place. :)

      Delete
    2. (Re your email question - yes, the first two in the 'Tom Kell' series, A Foreign Country and A Colder War. The quality of these would definitely encourage me to read more of his writing.)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Vicki! I'm definitely going to work Cummings into my April reads!

      Delete
  8. Just grabbed a copy of STRAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you like it as much as I did!

      Delete