Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And So It Goes...

Here is why I picked up the Voltaire biography. Don't you think he has nice eyes? I read nothing at all yesterday, and I have only 30 minutes left of today to get any reading done- don't think it is going to happen.

Yesterday, I was too busy eating blackeyed peas, corn bread, cabbage, and pork chops. The annual New Year's Day dinner around our house. Fee is more particular about this menu than he is about having turkey for Thanksgiving. After lunch, I took Laddie down to the country for a tour of Raft Bayou, checking out the winter wheat, bird watching, etc. We also trucked on down to the Lake Bisteneau land to check on things, but forgot to check and see how much water the new pond was holding after the recent rains. Then Fee and I watched a couple of movies last night.

Tonight I went to Tai Chi - my version of Carl's Uberlist includes getting back into a schedule of at LEAST 3 weekly sessions, whether regular classes or Tai Chi in the park. I used to do 3 lessons and 3 park days without missing many sessions, but not for a while. I suffered a bit, as I had not been in so long, but felt much better at the end of 2 1/2 hours. Didn't get home until nearly 10:00 and have piddled with a variety of things, but haven't read a single page. Non-fiction always takes me longer than fiction, but when the book just sits there unopened...well, it could take forever. It isn't as if it isn't interesting either; I simply haven't been in the mood.

I got quite a bit accomplished today - some chores and some things that just needed to be taken care of like letters and phone calls and appointments. A little yard work and a conflict with fire ants. Figuring out how to use the new photo editor to resize pictures and making copies of OLD family pictures (including one daguerrotype) for my niece. More of that kind of thing is on tomorrow's agenda as well, but I'm not stressing about any of it as long as I get some done each day.

Now, only 3 minutes left in today. Think it is time to post this and go to bed.









7 comments:

  1. Enjoy that Voltaire biography -- I'm sure the mood for reading will come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't tell stories and then leave out the important details...what movies did you watch? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy - I'm sure it will. I'm determined to sit down with Voltaire tonight!

    Carl - Fearless, Jet Li's final martial arts film, and The Corruptor with Chow Yun-Fat (of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), but I didn't watch all of The Corruptor. I'm a closet martial art film fan. :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackeyed peas and cornbread, bestill my southern heart!

    Voltaire DOES have very nice eyes, I agree. Then again I've always been a sucker for a man in a powdered wig. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bluestalking - Mmmmm. And pork chops!

    Chortle! A powdered wig, velvet, and lace do create quite an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice eyes. I recently ordered his book, "Candide" for the Classics challenge. I sure hope there's more to him than twinkly eyes and great hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Framed - When I finish the biography, I'm going to try out Candide. It is one of those that I always intended to read, but never did. Eager to hear what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete