Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

Puzzles and Challenges

I found this Daily Puzzle after visiting The Deblog. No, I'm not posting my time. And please don't ask. She has lots of links to puzzles. Fun, but a bit embarrassing in my case.

Carl has reminded me of the Fantasy Challenge in March. I will have to consult my various lists where I record titles and do some further research before making decisions. I've always read a lot of science fiction and fantasy so this Challenge will be a pleasure. In my last post, I indicated that February will be lots of pure entertainment reading - mysteries and fantasy. That position may need re-thinking; saving fantasy titles until March may be the wiser choice.


Reading iliana's post about Challenging Challenges, I realized I needed to do some checking on the From the Stacks Challenge. These are the books that were on my list (posted back in November), but I substituted one.

1. Tender at the Bone - Ruth Reichl
2. The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
3. Five on a Treasure Island - Enid Blyton
4. Parnassus on Wheels - Christopher Morley
5. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins (substituted for The Haunted Bookshop - Christopher Morley)

I actually finished them all in December.

Poor Miss Information. I hate that I am so entertained by her difficulties.

5 comments:

  1. A Fantasy Challenge sounds awesome! Thanks for letting me know I will check out the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished my last book for this challenge, but have yet to post about it. I guess it's the procrastinator in me!

    Parnassus on Wheels is one of the unread books sitting on my shelf. I'm waiting to get The Haunted Bookshop so I can read them both together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Fantasy Challenge?! I'm going to pretend I didn't see that - ha,ha... Congrats on finishing your From the Stacks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep putting books aside that I want to read for the fantasy/fairy tale challenge. I have to laugh because the pile is getting way out of control and there is no way I'll get to all those books in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nessie - Carl says he will be updating us on the Challenge which is scheduled for March. I'm busy trying to decide on possibilities!

    Lesley - I've obviously been procrastinating as well, but iliana's post reminded me!

    iliana - Yes, another Challenge! However, since I resisted the Classics and the Chunkster Challenges, I'm ready for this one.

    Carl - We are all eager to know some of the titles you've been saving!

    ReplyDelete