Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

8 Things

Melanie at Tea Leaves and Tea Reads tagged me for this meme. I had been tagged for 7 things at Bayou Quilts, so I just added an additional item.

The rules -
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I was a gymnast when I was young, and my joints remind me everyday.
2. Licorice is a guilty secret. Love it, but only once in a great while will I indulge in those love black twists.
3. My last pair of toe shoes, battered and worn, are still in a box in my closet.
4. I made a 9 patch quilt for my granddaughter's first birthday. It was something I had always wanted to do, and I'm still proud of that quilt. Mila will be 4 this month, and both she and quilting have delighted me for these past 3 years.
5. Since July of last year, I've only been to Tai Chi a handful of times. I miss it and don't have the discipline to really practice without having class. If I'm going to class, I will practice, but without that incentive, I'm too lazy.
6. In connection to Tai Chi, I may be the only grandmother among you with a saber and a straight sword. Love my weapons!
7. My favorite city is Edinburgh, and I hope to attend the Fringe Festival there once more before I am too old and decrepit to enjoy it!
8. I am not a witty or funny person, but I'm a great appreciator of and audience for those who are. My daughters are both quick-witted and funny like their father, and I sometimes laugh until I'm in tears at their repartee'. I don't even attempt to tell jokes, much less ad lib!

So I'm tagging the following (but please do not feel obligated; as Melanie mentioned, it is just for fun):

Sam at BookChase
iliana at Bookgirl's Nightstand
maggie at Maggie Reads
Jill at My Individual Take on the Subject
Dorothy at Of Books and Bicycles
Susan at Pages Turned
Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
Chris at Stuff as Dreams Are Made On

15 comments:

  1. quilts, gymnastics, ballet, tai chi (with weapons!), is there anything you don't do? You make me feel like a slacker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to dance, too. My joints begin to howl if I so much as THINK about it! Love your answers --
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did this meme, too--and I referenced you, because apparently we have ballet and a love for Edinburgh in common, as well as books (and many other things, I'm sure)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, i'd love to see a picture of the swords!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stefanie- I actually went to Tai Chi last night after slacking for several months! I've been slacking on everything lately...

    teabird - The damage we can cheerfully do when we are young! Tai Chi has actually improved my joint problems, though.

    G.R. - :) I saw your responses, and those toe shoes were hard-earned and paid for in both pleasure and pain...no wonder we hang on to them!

    DesLily - I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list!

    I posted mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! Thank you for the tag. I'll get to it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many things I never would have known about you without this meme! I love black licorce, but rarely indulge in it myself. And although I suppose I can claim to be a gymnist at an early age, I wasn't much good at it and so it didn't last long. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Not a grandmother, but I do have a straight sword at home. (My mom tried Tai Chi many years ago. She stopped - arthritis problems) Glad you're back at Tai Chi again.

    I would love to visit Edinburgh one day - there is something so romantic about the castles.

    And I have a weakness for the Scottish accent - they give me a good tingle in my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh....black licorce actually makes me gag!! Sorry....college days and a bottle of Ouzo. Never more!

    I would love to see the sword and sabar! How cool is that???

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are SUCH FUN!! I tagged off Ex Libris and did my own list, as she left it open to whoever hadn't been tagged yet. Even people I've known a while have surprised me with their list of 8!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carl - Thanks for playing! Loved all the pictures.

    iliana - Thanks to you to! I've already been there and commented!

    L.F. - Funny isn't it? All those little details of lives that suddenly hit the light... My gymnastic career ended a after about a year of college, but was great fun while it lasted.

    Orpheus - :) Warrior Women Unite! I'm a sucker for that Scottish accent, too.

    Stephanie - I've been amazed at how many people have said they like licorice (I did a similar meme on my other blog)as most people say they hate it. Oh yeah, I worked hard for several years to get the saber, then after another year and a half, the straight sword. Master Guerin is an excellent teacher and makes us work for those weapons.

    Lisa - It is fun to see what everyone else has put...lots of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenclair, I really do love these "getting to know you" tags!
    How lovely to belong to a family where most everyone has a sense of humor...the days when all of you get together must be ones with lots of fun and laughter!

    I have promised myself I will to the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh some day, until then I will have to make do with the Toronto one which isn't too bad actually!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lotus - You are so lucky to have a Fringe Festival right at home. What fun! I've never been to Canada, but maybe I should plan a trip for next summer, catch the Toronto Fringe, and visit Prince Edward Island!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Jenclair, please do!!! I'd be delighted to forward you information on the festival as soon as I know if and when it is happening in 2008, also, I would love to meet you when you stop by my city!!!

    ReplyDelete