Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Plague Pits & River Bones by Karen Charlton

Plague Pits and River Bones by Karen Charlton has Detective Stephen Lavender and Constable Ned Woods investigating murder, the slave trade, and highway robbery.

Set in 1812 London, the novel is another well-written entry into this historical mystery series.  The introduction of a Moriarity-like character is interesting.  He will undoubtedly add another dimension to future books.

Well-researched with the benefit of Author's Notes and a bibliography.  Many of the events are taken from life and woven into Lavender's investigations.

I thoroughly enjoy this series.

Blog review scheduled for 12/28/17.

NetGalley/Thomas & Mercer

Historical Mystery.  Jan. 11, 2018.  Print length:  343 pages.

4 comments:

  1. What is it about London in the early 1800s that makes for the perfect mystery setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London has an interesting history, doesn't it? Certainly an ancient one, and I have enjoyed these books and the information about the real events included in some way in the stories.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Lark, there is just something about that setting that lends itself so well for mysteries. I am currently reading a mystery with the same setting and I'm loving it but will definitely look for this one for my stacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'll have to check it out! I've been out of town and need to catch up on blog reading.

      Delete