Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2022

Long Gone by Joanna Schaffhausen

The second in Schaffhausen's Annalisa Vega series.  

From description:  Chicago detective Annalisa Vega shattered her life, personally and professionally, when she turned in her ex-cop father for his role in a murder. Her family can’t forgive her. Her fellow officers no longer trust her. So when detective Leo Hammond turns up dead in a bizarre murder, Annalisa thinks she has nothing to lose by investigating whatever secrets he hid behind the thin blue line.

The first book in this series was OK, but I didn't love it.  I liked this one better, but still not completely satisfied with it.  I like the Ellery Hathaway/Reed Markham series better.

Read in March.  Review scheduled for July 25.

St. Martin's Press
Suspense.  Aug. 9, 2022.  Print length:  304 pages.




 

9 comments:

  1. I still haven't read the first Annalisa Vega book. I'm glad this second one was better than the first, but not surprised it isn't as good as her Ellery and Reed books. They're such great characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the books in this series but they sure sound worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book of the Ellery Hathaway/Reed Markham series. Didn't even know she has a new series out. I've to catch up on her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the Ellery Hathaway books better. I did like the first one in this series and so I'm looking forward to reading this new one when it comes out. On the hold list at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either book in this series, but it did make me think of my track record with authors who write multiple series. There always seems to be one of the series that I don't care for, but it doesn't bother me when authors I like try out new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me. I am always looking for a new detective series so will look this one up. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having a great summer! I owe you a letter :) Just wanted to say I am with you on your thoughts on the first in this series. I would consider reading the second but sounds like it was just so-so.

    ReplyDelete