Search This Blog

Friday, March 06, 2009

Painting, Reading, Adding to Lists

I've been busy the last few days painting the room that will be my new sewing and computer room. Painting completed yesterday , and now it time for the really difficult part--moving in.

I'm almost finished with the Jane Austen biography, but have 4-5 books going at the same time, so each one of them is going slowly. Well, except for Among the Mad by Winspear, which I dashed through because I couldn't wait to find out what Maisie Dobbs was up to!

In the meantime, even as I have wonderful books waiting in my stacks, the TBR list grows:

A Journey into Dorothy Parker's New York by Kevin Fitzpatrick (via Worducopia)

Waiting for Gertrude by Bill Richardson (via Framed)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett (via My Random Acts of Reading)

The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein (via Ramya's Bookshelf)

The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression by Amity Shlaes (via Kim)

These join my long list of books that I want to read!

Now, must write the review of The Uncommon Reader and Among the Mad.

Book give-away post here.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your reviews of both The Uncommon Reader (I really liked this book) and Among the Mad (Waiting for a chance to read this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss the Dorothy Parker book? (sigh) Another addition to my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailana - I've finished the review of The Uncommon Reader :) Seems like everyone loved it! I really liked the new Maisie Dobbs, too.

    teabird - It looks good in so many ways. I love Parker's wit, that New York era, the Round Table...can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you were able to get the room painted! I'm sure it will look so nice once you've got everything moved back in.

    My wish list seems to be forever growing. :-)

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing what you thought of the Winspear. It looks like you have lots of good books there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll love the Dorothy Parker book. Good for you for getting that painting done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LF - Whew! The work never ends, but I'm making progress. The room is painted, a new light installed, and organizing is in progress.

    If we quit reading blogs, the lists wouldn't grow so quickly. I just keep finding such interesting titles as I browse the book blogs...and can't resist!

    Danielle - Loved the Winspear! I think this one is one of her best ones.

    Ali - Dorothy Parker was such a fascinating woman. I'm eager to get a copy of that one.

    ReplyDelete