Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The TBR List Grows (and Grows)

More books that sound good:

Two Guys Read Jane Austen by Steven Chandler & Terrence Hill (via Nicole)

Broadcasts from the Blitz: How Edward R. Murrow Lead America into War by Philip Seib
(via Jenny's Books)

Fudoki by Kij Johnson (via Nymeth)

Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life by Mihaly Csikszentmihaly (via The Vigorous Mind & Unruly Reader)

The Real Life of Mary Ann Evans
by Rosemarie Bodenheimer (via So Many Books)

Making a Good Brain Great
- Daniel Amen (via a podcast)

Little Brother
by Cory Doctorow (via Nymeth)

Cool video that shows a little of what technology can do. The fMRI is discussed in The Brain that Changes Itself that I just reviewed.


Don't forget that if you are interested in a copy of The Reluctant Widow to go to this post and say so.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah. You should see how quickly your TBR list grows when you have been mia for almost a week and you are trying to catch up on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TBR piles just never stop growing. It's a law of nature :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Real Life Of Mary Ann Evans looks good...I'm still feeling Middlemarch love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Csikszentmihaly's Finding Flow a few years ago & really enjoyed it. I thought what he had to say about finding that spot where one is happy doing something really made a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kailana - A week! I don't believe you CAN catch up now! You are just going to have to admit that you missed reading about a bunch of books and learn to move on... :O

    Nymeth - Ah, so! My list conforms to this proverb.

    Bybee - I'm going to have to buckle down and try Middlemarch! Maybe the bio would encourage me...

    Cam - The Vigorous Mind mentioned Csikszentmihaly and his first book so when I saw a positive review of this one, I was encouraged. You provide further encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good additions to the radar... Broadcasts from the Blitz especially sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. iliana - It really does look interesting. I hope my library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Real Life of Mary Evans does look good. I liked and didn't like Silas Marner, but I would like to read something else by her and am very curious about her life.

    You are welcome to my copy of Two Guys Read Jane Austen. E-mail me if you are interested and I will send it along to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole - Bybee (and others) recommend Middlemarch. I hope to get around to it some day.

    I would love to have Two Guys Read Jane Austen! Thanks so much for offering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two Guys Read Jane Austen sounds great! I've never heard of these books, but have just put this one on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoAnn - Since Nicole offered to send it to me, I will be reading Two Guys Read Jane Austen soon! I'll let you know what I think, but I expect to love it!

    ReplyDelete