Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

One of those reading iteneraries...

Lotus at Lotus Reads has provided me with some excellent titles over the last year (Shadow Cities: A Billion Squatters, a New Urban World , Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found and Palace Walk).

The latest interesting titles from current Lotus Lists include:

Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh
Freedom at Midnight by Dominique la Pierre and Larry Collins
What the Body Remembers by Shauna Singh Baldwin

Actually, there are even more on the list of those that I want to read, but those three stand out at the moment.

Another that I'd like very much to read is Indian Summer: The Secret History of the End of an Empire, and follow the link to an article that gives a most interesting review of this book by Alex von Tunzleman.

This is what I did last night instead of read...worked on a WIP that has been on my design wall for several months now and watched Look to the Lady based on Margery Allingham's Campion novels. I basted the quilt sandwich together, then sat down to some hand quilting as I reveled in the atmosphere.

Tonight I did get a good more reading done and still love The Spanish Bow. And now to bed...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenclair!

    So glad you found some of those titles useful!!! "Indian Summer" appears to be a truly wonderful book (just judging from all the reviews I have seen). I think I might order it.What I also have on order is "Sword and Blossom" by William and Momoko. I first read about it on your blog and I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a bee balm flower on your quilt? I love it! Please post a full size picture when you are all done, I am curious to see the whole design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotus -- I'm going to take a little break and indulge in the R.I.P challenge, enjoying some gothic goodness for a while, but I'm looking forward to adding to my nonfiction works with more on India!

    Hope you enjoy "Sword & Blossom"--I found it fascinating.

    stefanie -- Yes, it is bee balm! I started to do a series of blocks based on flowers in my garden a few months ago, but only managed the bee balm and a purple cone flower. They were going to be part of a larger piece, but now they will be small individual pieces. They are both raw edge appliqué.

    ReplyDelete