Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

In the Blood by Steve Robinson

 In the Blood  (Genealogical Crime Mysteries, No.1) was a 99 cent Amazon Kindle purchase and had a 4 star rating.  I know, Amazon ratings are a tricky thing, but for the price, I decided to give it a try.

Jefferson Tayte, an American genealogist, must suck it up and fly to England despite his phobia about flying.  Way too much time spent on this as it really had no influence on the plot.

The plot was convoluted.  Not too convoluted to follow, but too convoluted to feel real.   A lot of far-fetched coincidences and situations that felt as if the author was forcing both characters and plot to conform.

It turned out to be a kind of "hmmm" book.  I like the idea of a genealogical mystery, but even though this is the first in a series, I doubt I'll follow it up.

Mystery.  2011.  Print version 312 pages.   ISBN: 1908603941


1 comment: