Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

And When I'm Not Reading...

Mail Art Continues.

Incoming



 
Outgoing
The bottom two postcards on the left have some tea bag art;
a photo of Mila on one and the strange plant drawings on another.

I've had a lot of fun lately seeing how many
different ways I could decorate tea bags.

A photo of  a hibiscus, altered and printed on a tea bag.
Printer was running out of ink.

And a couple of tea bags stitched together.

I think I've  done 15 or 20 variations of photos, drawings, stamping, and embroidery on tea bags!  Now, I'm having to wait to build up my stash of used tea bags so I can do more of them.

Reading:  The Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny.  I love Three Pines and all of the characters, but especially Ruth and Rosa!

Garden:  My favorite garden ornamental this year is the Chocolate Drop coleus.  I'm rooting more!


I have no idea where I got this, but I love it.  :)

12 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I love looking at all your creative works, Jenclair.

    And that ad is really something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody! I love that ad and wish I knew more about the circumstances--especially the agreement with the red dragon! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! It makes me smile just thinking about it!

      Delete
  4. I love to look at your artwork-- so creative! And I love this mail hobby you have going on.

    I used to write long letters full of minutiae to a friend who moved away when I was a teen, and she would finally write back a one-paragraph note weeks later, but... I loved receiving those envelopes in the mailbox and cherished them and reread every word. Nowadays much of my tiny family has passed on or for some reason is estranged from us, so I only get birthday cards from 2 relatives on my side of the family. Maybe I'll write you a note in the near future, just because :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! There is something about a card in the mail, isn't there? I'm not good about holiday or birthday cards (I send postcards to my grandkids each week, but didn't sent a birthday card to my daughter this past week!)--it has more to do with not meeting the "deadline" than anything else. I'm going to try to do better about holidays/birthdays/celebrations. On the other hand, I do send letters and postcards regularly--several each week.

      Please write me a note, Rita! I would love it and respond!

      Delete
  5. I love the dragonslaying ad! It totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo of the hibiscus altered and printed on the tea bag. That is gorgeous. And what a funny news clipping. I would have saved that too, if I'd come across it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm having fun with the tea bags: stamped, stitched, photos, drawings, etc. Most I have glued to postcards and envelopes, but the stitched ones are just waiting for a new idea. :) And the "Want Ad" is too funny!

      Delete