Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2024

May Garden

 All I've been doing this month is reading and gardening.  Not keeping up with much else.  I'm taking a day off of working in the garden today.  Almost everything I have the energy to do is done--plants divided and replanted, and now it's just rooting and potting left overs, weeding, deadheading, watering, etc.  I say "just" but when the heat index says 101 degrees and you sweat when you open the door, and you're 75, well, things take longer than they used to.  I take more and more frequent breaks as the day goes on and read because that takes no energy and relaxes me.

Today's forecast is supposed to be 95 with the humidity making it feel SO much worse.  Our overnight lows have been mid to high 70's with high humidity, but after today, things are supposed to be back below 90 degrees.   Little miracles do happen. 



















 

6 comments:

  1. Your garden spaces are beautiful, and so well planned! I enjoy the heat, but it's not that hot here yet. Soon enough we'll be having that 90+ sunshine ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is so lovely! I'm always taken aback when someone says the heat index is 100+ in late May. We're still in the low-to-mid 50s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Les! I do envy your climate. The heat and humidity in our area is debilitating and getting worse each year. On the other hand, our gardens start early, which is nice. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful garden! It's so good to see you back in blogland and I hope you've been doing well! I'm so sorry I fell off our correspondence but life has been so hectic these past couple of years as my mom has needed much more help. Anyway, I look forward to reading about your reading, gardening and other projects! And, here's to us surviving another hot summer. I'm already over it and it's not even summer yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell off correspondence as well, Iliana! Live is hectic, and we never know when the next cycle will begin. Not only correspondence, but blogging took a hit for me, and I'm eager to see if I will be able to keep it up after such a long absence.
      Hope you, your husband, and mom are doing well!
      Yep, even though today has been cooler, Monday was so hot I was afraid that all the effort will be wasted this summer. I mean it is STILL MAY. The weather patterns have been so unpredictable.
      I'll be checking in on your reading and book binding soon!

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful photos, Jenclair! I do enjoy it when you share photos from your garden with us. I would say I hope cooler weather comes your way, but with summer here, it's not likely. Still, I hope you have cooler days ahead.

    ReplyDelete