Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Commenting Difficulties

For some reason, I can't post my replies to comments on the previous post about In the Woods by Tana French. So I'm posting them here:

Kay - I just finished The Likeness a few minutes ago. Excellent! Hope you and your book club will tackle one or both of French's novels.

Callista - Oh, yes! And move it up toward the top of the list!

SuziQ - French is extremely talented and much more complex than most authors!

rache - I was disappointed that some things were not resolved, but it didn't spoil my feelings for the book. I checked out both of her books at the same time, and The Likeness is just as fascinating!

Ann - I can't get my comments to post and in the meantime, you've commented! I was not sure French could get any better, but she does! Such evocative writing. Have you read Half-Broken Things by Morag Joss? The atmosphere is very similar.


Also here is a link to a great give-away: Shooting Stars Mag is giving away The Dracula Dossier. Even if I don't win, I'll be looking for this one.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about this and entering the contest!

    Don't forget to check the Shop for Free one as well!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your comment came as a reply to me in my mailbox anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mag - I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I'd really like that book!

    Callista -I don't know why I couldn't get my replies to post on the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I was keeping my fingers crossed that my replies would post here...and they did!

    ReplyDelete