Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

More Books in the Mail

So what has arrived lately?

Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck.  Recommended by Nancy (Pomegranate Trail)

Kathereine Neville's The Eight.  This was one of Annie's (Buttery Books) choices of books to give.  I know I've read other positive reviews, but Annie's mention reminded me.

Cara Black's Murder in the Marais (first in Aimee LeDuc series).  Recommended by Teresa, who doesn't have a blog, but should because she reads, crafts, and is involved in so many interesting activities including her neighborhood restoration organization and working with children.

Mary Gostelow's A World of Embroidery and  Mary Gostelow's Embroidery Book...because over at Bayou Quilts I've slipped into that embroidery cycle again with a vengeance.  The reason I'm not reading so much right now is because I'm spending my time with needle and thread.  Way too much time.

I ordered all of the above through the used books sellers at Amazon; most of the cost less than $1.00, some as little as one cent.  Plus shipping, of course.  Certainly a bargain!

These join about 10 others that are on the table (and floor) by my reading chair, next to the overflowing bookcase.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the Nora Ephron book. I listened to it I believe and the author read it. Very funny for women of a 'certain' age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay - I'm looking forward to reading it. I saw an interview with Ephron when the book was published, and when Nancy recommended it, I went ahead and ordered it. :) When you reach that "certain" age, humor is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read I Feel Bad About My Neck back in 2007 and loved it (4.5/5 rating). I also enjoyed her more recent book, I Remember Nothing (4/5 rating).

    You certainly got quite the deal, didn't you?! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete