Search This Blog

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Arcadian Genesis by Greig Beck

Arcadian Genesis is a novella, not a novel, and functions as a prequel to the series featuring Alex Hunter and his elite HAWCS.

I haven't read any of this series, but the novella was fast-paced and action-filled.  The mission of the HAWCS is to rescue a Chechen scientist who wants to defect with important information.    Alex Hunter's team is not alone in searching for the defector, and the Russian team has no compunction, no compassion.  It is best not to get between the Russian team and their prey.

Since I've not read any of the novels in this series, I can't appreciate the information Arcadian Genesis provides, but evidently fans of the series are happy to have some of their questions answered.

The first book in the series is Beneath the Dark Ice; the review sounds like a good action/thriller, and I'd much rather read a novel than a novella.

NetGalley/Momentum Books

Action/Thriller.  2014.  






6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a promising series of thrillers, and sometimes a novella can be a good quick read.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like action/thrillers, but I'd have to read a full novel to know if I'd like the series. The novella seems to be more for followers of the series than for newbies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series sound good. I love reading action thrillers so I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels? They are full of action and suspense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding Novella's are like that often times. They are more for the existing fans than to draw new ones in. The best ones can do both, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True. The Divergent series had several novellas; I didn't read any of them, but they were definitely for established readers.

    ReplyDelete