Search This Blog

Friday, June 06, 2014

Brick Books

Love these "books" found at Salvage & Selvedge!  Brick books with over a hundred titles to choose from...if you live close enough.  Shipping from Melbourne, Australia would be excessive.  Creator is Daryl of Light Reading Melbourne.

 Nice hot plate


I'd love to have some for my garden with the titles of old garden books like Old-Fashioned Gardening: A History and a Reconstruction by Grace Tabor or Children and Gardens by Gertrude Jekyll.  I'd love to see the cover for this 1908 edition.

You can get prints or gift cards from Life Chart.


Or several of Gladys Taber's  (no relation to Grace Tabor) Stillmeadow books.  Bet Nan would have plenty to choose from.  Or just some favorites from my own collection of garden books.  


12 comments:

  1. Those are great!! I wish I lived in Australia so I could get one for a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great!! I wish I lived in Australia so I could get one for a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the idea of having gardening titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki - I especially like the variety and size in the old bricks. If I could do the text decently, I'd make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - They are cool, aren't they? I'd love to have some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh aren't they marvellous? I would love some of those in the garden. They would speak so clearly of the type of household this is. But, as you say, the postage!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love those brick books! So colourful and so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if I could convince my husband to take on a project like that. Although he denies it, he's a pretty decent artist and I think could pull something like this off if he set his mind to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet he could! Maybe a stencil for the text...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these "books" They're too pretty for outside use though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They would make nice bookends inside, or door stops. And, of course, they would look great displayed on book shelves. :p

    ReplyDelete