Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 08, 2020

When She Was Good by Michael Robotham

When She Was Good by Michael Robotham is a great follow-up Good Girl, Bad Girl.  

Despite Evie Cormac's resistance, forensic psychologist Cyrus Vance continues his search into her past.  His intentions are good, but Evie's insticts are better--someone wants her dead and Cyrus' investigation is dangerous.  

As a child, Evie was trafficked in an exclusive pedophile ring.  Although Robotham does not provide details,  the implications are clear and unpleasant.  The exposure of those involved would mean devastation of their careers and reputations and jail time--and someone has no intention of letting that happen.  The organization has a long reach and silencing Evie is a priority.  

The immediate situation is wrapped up, but there are several unanswered questions that should be resolved in the next book.  

I hope there will be more than just a third book that finalizes the initial plot.  Evie, Cyrus, and Sacha are interesting characters, and Robotham's plot could easily take another direction.   I want more of these characters.  

Read in May.  Blog review scheduled for July 8, 2020.

NetGalley/Scribner
Psychological Suspense.  July 28, 2020.  Print length:  352 pages.

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear your thoughts about this second book featuring the characters. I think I commented on the previous book that I owned that one - unread as yet. Need to read it so this one can also be read. I'm glad my reading 'normal' seems to be returning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them both! I miss Joe, but I do like these characters, and Cyrus has a connection to Joe.

      Delete
  2. He's such a good author! I still need to read Good Girl, Bad Girl, but I'm hoping I'll get to it this summer. (Though summer seems to be passing more quickly than it should.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robotham is one of my favorites. :) Hope you get a chance to read about his new characters!

      Delete
  3. This one seems to be something ripped right out of current events...sadly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed a few of his books so this is one I'm looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series is so intriguing, and is getting even more so with each passing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Joe O'Loughlin series and hope for more there, but these two books are a great start for the new series!

      Delete
  6. This sounds like an intriguing series. Don't think I've read anything by this author. Will have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading Robotham for years, both his Joe O'Loughlin series and stand alones. The characters are always a big part of my enjoyment, and Cyrus and Evie do not disappoint!

      Delete