Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Glimmer Lake series by Elizabeth Hunter

 

Sometimes, I enjoy light books that don't have too much emotional or social turmoil, and the Glimmer Lake books gave me just that with a paranormal twist and a little romance.

Three friends are on their way for a little girl time together when a car accident sends them off the road and into a deep lake.  All three survive, but the circumstances include a rescuer who doesn't exist.  Robin, Val, and Monica emerged from the lake with new abilities that require some serious adjustment.

The first book deals with Robin who now has the ability to see ghosts.  The second book features the extremely reluctant Val, who finds that by touching certain objects she suddenly knows much more about the owner than she wants to.  The third book focuses on Monica psychic dreams.  

I found the books to be exactly what I needed during a period of anxiety.  The friendships between these three middle-aged women and the way each adjusted to her new abilities was fun--especially because they find themselves solving mysteries.

If you enjoy female friendships adorned with a little supernatural, some mysteries, and a little romance, you might find these books fun and comforting. 

I haven't read Elizabeth Hunter before, but the next time I am in the mood for something that will lighten my mood and keep me entertained, I'll look for what else she has to offer.

After reading the first in this three-part series, I couldn't not know what this threesome got up to next, so I dashed through all three. :)

Kindle Unlimited.




13 comments:

  1. These books sound awesome! Another series to go on my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that each book in this series revolves around a different friend. Now if only my library had copies. Maybe they'll order them for me. Fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each book has a mystery solved by these three newly gifted women. They were all on Kindle Unlimited and free. :)

      Delete
  3. I like this kind of reading interspersed with the heavy stuff. Sometimes the modern mystery thrillers though very good reading and even WWII settings can be very intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. And I like a little paranormal mixed in!

      Delete
  4. On I am bookmarking this series. I need to start making a -Tbr of lighthearted goodness for times when everything else gets too dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since a lot of fiction addresses the concerns and failures of society, a little escapism comes in handy!

      Delete
  5. This series sound like fun! I'll keep them in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the friendships and the way the women adjusted to their strange new abilities. :)

      Delete
  6. There is no greater endorsement of a book, author, or series than the way you reacted to these..."dashing" through three of them like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've been going through some anxiety, these quick reads were a perfect choice. Not great literature, but fun and interesting. :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun premise for this series! I hadn't heard of these before but they do sound like fun and love that they also celebrate friendships!

    ReplyDelete