Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Aurora: Meridian by Amanda Bridgeman

 Aurora: Meridian   

I've read the previous novels in this series (Thanks, NetGalley), and I couldn't wait to discover what Amanda Bridgeman could deliver with this one.

Aurora: Darwin - reviewed here.
Aurora: Pegasus - reviewed here.

I may have thought this would be a trilogy and that Aurora: Meridian would be the final installment, but that is not the case.  There will be at least one more novel, maybe more.

OK -- Meridian didn't work as well for me as the previous novels have.  Carrie's behavior seemed foolish and put others in jeopardy.  (You know how you have a character's personality in mind from reading the other novels he/she has appeared in?  Carrie's behavior in Meridian didn't match my vision of her.)  There are 3 reviews on Amazon that have a more positive take on this third book in the series, however, so my opinion may be skewed by personal preference.

Have to admit that, although not as pleased with this one, I eagerly await the next book in the series.  Saul is beginning to admit the importance of his dreams, the spy has been detected, and the members of the crew are prepared to tackle the bad guys with renewed determination.  

NetGalley/ Pan Macmillan

Science Fiction.  Sept.  2014.  Print length:  552 pages.  

5 comments:

  1. Not my genre so much, but your review is certainly informative for someone looking for this type of book, and will let them know whether to continue with the series. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this series picks up for you! I'd disappointing to hit a book that lets you down in a series you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first two. I really need to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry this one wasn't better. I hope the next one in the series is though. It sounds like the first two were strong enough to keep one interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita - :) I'm a fan of science fiction and like the series, even if not completely satisfied with this one.

    Irene - I do hope I like the next one better!

    Kelly - Yes, do read them! I'd like to know what you think.

    Wendy - Right, the first two kept me totally involved, and I hope the next one will make up for my dissatisfaction with this one!

    ReplyDelete