Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kidnapped by Jan Burke

I like Jan Burke and have read many of her novels so Kidnapped was a pleasant return to her series featuring Irene Kelly, reporter for the Las Peirnas Express, and Frank Harriman her policeman husband.

When Irene begins a series about missing/kidnapped children, it evolves into an investigation of the five-year-old murder of Richard Fletcher and the disappearance of his young daughter.  I evidently missed a novel that presents some background to this one, but didn't find it a drawback.

While the premise of the story is a little far-fetched, (I had difficulty understanding the motivation of the bad guys, or at least putting it into a logical prospective),  the novel kept me eagerly reading.  Several intertwined story lines and lots of characters, but a suspenseful narrative with a likable protagonist in Irene.

Other reviews:  Counting My Blessings, I'll Never Forget the Day..., Crime Doesn't Pay    

Fiction.  Mystery/Crime.   2006.  384 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment