Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

R.I.P. -- Peril in Films and Books To Be Reviewed

I've watched Shutter Island for the R.I.P. Peril in Films category, but didn't care much for it.  Also watched the very first of the daytime version of the soap opera Dark Shadows.  Oh, the awful acting, but then it WAS 1966. Anyway, it was kind of fun in a weird way.  I may order the next one or switch to the 1991 version which was in color.

Still to be reviewed:  The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu and The Return of Dr. Fu Manchu  by Sax Rohmer (R.I.P. Challenge; Widow's Tale and Maids of Misfortune (mysteries); The Waters Rising by Sherri Teppler (fantasy), and Kidnapped by Jan Burke.

...AND I'm almost finished with Soulless  by Gail Carriger and have found it a delightful experience and a perfect R.I.P. Challenge read!  As soon as I turn the final page, I will order the next books in the series.  I can only hope that the next two in the series are as much fun as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment