Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Books and Gardens

Some garden pictures on a rainy day.


I've been trying to spend some time reading blogs, and I'm gradually getting around, but it is slow going since I've not had as much computer time lately. And everywhere I visit, I have to stop and add new books to the TBR list.

Last week I ended up in Baton Rouge for a visit to my daughter and to keep a feverish grandchild. He wasn't down long! Bounced right back. In the end I had a nice visit with both grandkids and with my daughter, a trip to Lowe's and some storage cabinet assembly, and a trip to Whole Foods- supermarket of dreams!

Then on Saturday, Amelia and Chris brought Bryce Eleanor for me to keep. She is so much fun - she laughs and waves her arms or sleeps. Sunday, I took her down to the country, and Chris took her home late Sunday afternoon after he worked all day putting in a stereo system in the cabin. Amelia didn't plan on him being gone that long and kept texting: Where is my baby? And my fried chicken? And I still have the stroller in the trunk of my car!

I've not been doing a very good job keeping up with either of my own blogs lately. If I make a post to Bayou Quilts, then I don't find time to post here. Maybe because I'm behind on reviews again.

Need to review: Assassins at Osprey, The Fault Tree, The Pandora Prescription (library books), and The Girl with No Shadow (many thanks to Anna at FSB for this ARC that I really enjoyed).

In progress a bunch of ARC's: The Mindful Woman (still), The Forgery of Venus, The Philosopher's Apprentice, and Moving Forward.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden and so much colour. The daffodils have gone and nothing else is out here yet it has been so cold. Thunder and lightning today! I am turning into a green eyed monster - and a slimy one at that>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. The flowers are gorgeous. Don't worry, I'd rather be spending time with grandchildren. But, I don't have any, yet. :) But, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - We are in the full of spring now, and soon it will be summer, but I love this period of relatively cool temperatures. The weather has been crazy this year - globally!

    Lisa - Thanks! I've posted more over on Bayou Quilts. Love my garden. There is really nothing quite like grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your garden looks so gorgeous and inviting. Our flowers are just beginning to blooms. So far all I have is daffs, tulips, and bleeding hearts. The lilacs are getting close, but that's all for now.

    I loved The Girl With No Shadow. I posted my review a couple of days ago, if you're interested.

    Definitely nothing better than grandchildren! I'm counting the weeks until our next visit with ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Les! Just jumped over and read your review. I felt much the same, including feeling that Harris has been hit or miss! I've written my and posted my review, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful garden! I haven't had much time at the computer lately so I know what you mean about slowly getting caught up. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iliana - Thanks! I love my garden at this time of year. Before it gets too hot!

    Sometimes it is really difficult to catch up. Right now there is so much going on and the weather is so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete