Search This Blog

Saturday, July 06, 2013

A Cold White Sun by Vicki Delany

A Cold White Sun is Canadian author Vicki Delany's latest in her Constable Molly Smith series.  When high school English teacher Cathy Lindsay is murdered while out walking her dog on the first day of spring break, the Trafalgar police are hard-pressed to discover a reason.  Wife, mother, teacher, Cathy seems to have no enemies, and Detective Sergeant John Winters wonders whether it is a case of mistaken identity or a random shooting.

Winters and Molly Smith investigate possible motives, fearing that if it were a random shooting or mistaken identity there might be more to come.

There are a few side stories concerning Molly's love life and Winters' wife and her art gallery.

A neat little mystery.

NetGalley/Poisoned Pen Press
Mystery.  Aug. 6, 2013.  Print version:  220 pages.
  • ISBN-10: 1464201609


2 comments:

  1. I have not read any of this authors books. Another one to add to my list. I don't read many Canadian mysteries so this would be good to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read one other book in the series and one of her stand-alones. I don't read many Canadian authors, either. I know there have been some Canadian author challenges; maybe I'll look at some of the books read in the challenges and broaden my horizons.

    ReplyDelete