Search This Blog

Monday, July 01, 2013

Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction & Nonfiction

I'm so pleased that Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher won the nonfiction award.  I read it in January and found it riveting-- both  the life of Edward Curtis and his wonderful photographs.

Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction & Nonfiction

2013 Winners Announced!

Congratulations to Richard Ford and Timothy Egan, 2013 winners of the Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction! Richard Ford won the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction for his novel Canada, published by Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Timothy Egan won the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Nonfiction for his book, Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear good things about the Edward Curtis book. I've had my eye on it for a while as a possible gift for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of the Curtis book, but I'm happy to see that Ford won the fiction award for "Canada." That's quite a book, in my estimation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - It is a great story. Curtis was a fascinating man who overcame tremendous odds to get the photos. The photos are remarkable.

    Anon. - I'll have to look for Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That anonymous person was me, JenClair. Not sure what happened on that one...but then, I'm usually confused anyway when it comes to leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete