Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Blizzards and Favorite Things

Here is one of my favorite things:  DQ Blizzards!  My favorite is the Heath Bar Blizzard, but then I haven't tried the Turtle Pecan Cluster.  And well, honestly, I don't think you can go wrong on any of them.

I'm doing some quilty valentines in my spare time.  Although I started them back in January, they got sidetracked.  Now, I'm back on target.

This is my upstairs sewing/yoga studio.  I picked up my mat for this shot, but lately much more yoga than sewing has been going on here.  I have lots of favorite things in here.

 All I've really done is try to make sure that some of my favorite things catch my eye as soon as I open the door.  Up here, I can be as eclectic and personal as I want to be.  The room is called a bonus room, just a small upstairs little nest, the only thing at the top of the stairs.  I keep most of my quilting and sewing books up here; most of my yoga books are up here, too.  My meditation pillow and bolster is right under the window.

I've won two gorgeous aprons in the last year or so.  The one from Cowgirl Goods (you can check out some of her things here) and one from Running with Scissors.  I love them

The pillow is one that I bought for Mother because she fell in love with it on one of our antique/flea market jaunts.  I miss her so much, and I think of her whenever I look at the pillow. 

The stool was given to me by my best friend when we were in college, and I painted over it with designs from Celtic Illustrated Manuscripts and used in my classroom when I was teaching.

And a favorite evening:  We went to the symphony Saturday (posted about this on Bayou Quilts), and we had such a wonderful evening.  It was the first performance in a long time (financial problems) and we were so happy to be part of the sold out performance.

2 comments:

  1. I love the little nooks in your house. It looks like a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - Thanks! I feel so "at home" here!

    ReplyDelete